What are Limited Scope Divorce Services?
Illinois A La Carte Divorce Services, also referred to as “limited scope services” and “unbundled legal services” is an affordable divorce option in Illinois.
In January 2010, the Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct (RPC) made great progress in responding to client's needs during these difficult economic times by creating a new rule. RPC 1.2 (c) states “a lawyer may limit the scope of representation if the limitation is reasonable under the circumstances and the client gives informed consent.” Thus began the Illinois A La Carte Divorce.
Illinois A La Carte Divorce Services allow a client to pick and choose what legal services are needed. Upon an agreement between the attorney and the client, an engagement agreement is prepared detailing what particular A La Carte Divorce Services will be provided and what services will not be provided by the attorney.
The benefits of Illinois A La Carte Divorce Services are the client saves legal fees and costs while still receiving support, experienced legal advice, and/or legally sufficient content for divorce court documents.
Limited Scope Services Offered
The Law Firm of Erin N. Birt, P.C. currently offers the following low cost Illinois A La Carte aka Limited Scope Divorce Services:
- Writing a letter to your spouse
- Process Consulting (helping you assess what alternative dispute resolution process is best for you)
- Consulting while working with a Guardian ad litem (expertise beyond what your general divorce attorney will prepare you for)
- Legal content provider for and Illinois divorce petition
- Legal content provider for Marital Settlement Agreements
- Legal content provider for Parenting Agreements
- Legal content provider for petitions, motions, responsive pleadings
- Legal content provider for the discovery process
- Review of documents prepared by an attorney, mediator, or party
- Preparation of a step-by-step guide to the divorce process to assist parties that represent themselves
- Legal consulting for trial preparation
- Legal consulting for discovery process and related hearings
- Legal consulting for duration of case without court appearances
- Court appearance to finalize divorce.
Illinois A La Carte Divorce Services is the affordable divorce option in Illinois. The Law Firm of Erin N. Birt, P.C. is one of very few DuPage County divorce law firms that offer the new Illinois A La Carte Divorce Services. Contact us to discuss additional cost saving A La Carte Divorce Services.
Contact our Limited Scope Divorce Attorney Today
Illinois A La Carte Divorce Attorney, Erin Birt, serves clients in Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Naperville, Warrenville, Winfield, Carol Stream, Bloomingdale, Lombard, Elmhurst, Downers Grove, and Oak Brook as well as other cities located in DuPage County. We have experience serving clients in Cook County, Will County, and Kane County.