ESTIMATE OF BIRT LAW LEGAL EXPENSES
Every client has a right to understand and manage the costs of their divorce. However, every divorce is different as every family has different needs and issues, making it difficult to accurately estimate your costs without knowing your personal history. It is very important for us to have a consultation and divorce planning meeting to discuss your personal history.
Some divorce cases can be concluded in one settlement session and others may require 10 settlement sessions or more. If there is court involvement, the timing is unpredictable but a court case can last on average 18 months, however, we only use court as our last resolution option.
The factors that will impact the cost of your divorce process
The factors that will impact the cost of your divorce process are:
- Willingness and ability of the parties to negotiate fairly and efficiently with each other;
- The Level of Conflict and Communication Problems;
- Complexity and Emotionality of Parenting Issues (if there are children);
- Size and Sophistication of the Financial Estate and ability and willingness to disclose assets and liabilities;
- Settlement or Litigation Expertise of Lawyers and Other Divorce Professionals;
- Ease of Scheduling and Willingness to Follow My Recommendations.
Cost Estimate for Legal Services
The following estimate of costs is based on averages in our firm's experience. The estimate should also give you an overview of the structure of an out of court Divorce Process (no litigation unless needed). Remember: These are only ranges and your situation may be very different. If we must seek final assistance from a Judge after all settlement-based options are exhausted, you will receive a new estimate for court services.