What is an Uncontested Illinois Divorce?
An Uncontested Illinois Divorce means either both parties are in agreement to divorce and wish to settle their divorce out of court or that a full a divorce settlement has been reached by the parties on all divorce and custody issues through mediation prior to court involvement.
Many couples are working together, with mediators, or with divorce financial professionals, to settle their divorce. Such methods can save time and money. Problems arise, however, when the parties attempt to prepare the uncontested Illinois divorce settlement documents themselves and inadvertently fail to prepare legally sufficient documents. Such mistakes can cause income loss due to missed work for multiple court appearances and create unnecessary and costly post-divorce litigation.
The Law Firm of Erin N. Birt, P.C offers uncontested Illinois divorce services to help parties avoid costly mistakes. We offer a low rate hourly uncontested divorce for parties that have not previously worked with a divorce professional but want to save costs. The firm also offers a Flat Fee Uncontested Illinois Divorce Package as an affordable uncontested Illinois divorce option for couples that have successfully participated in mediation.
What we offer clients for an Uncontested Illinois Divorce
Schedule a remote or in-person meeting at your convenience using our online calendar or take advantage of our innovative virtual services.
- Work directly with our attorney or paralegal in person or remotely
- Work with us remotely via telephone, email, or Zoom
- Share privately with our secure client portal and sign documents from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Miss fewer work days or other commitments
- Custom-tailored legal services
- Lower time commitment due to 13+ years of offering virtual and remote services
- Save on costs (flat fee offered for qualifying cases)
What does an Uncontested Illinois Divorce Include?
Our Uncontested Illinois Divorce Package often includes:
- Client intake form
- Preparation of Illinois Petition for Dissolution of Marriage
- Filing of the Illinois Petition for Dissolution of Marriage
- Correspondence to spouse with step-by-step guide to filing his/her appearance and appearance form
- Review of uncontested divorce settlement agreement
- Suggestions for modifications to settlement agreement, if needed to make document legally sufficient
- Unlimited telephone conferences (for flat fee cases, otherwise hourly rates apply))
- Unlimited email communication (for flat fee cases, otherwise hourly rates apply)
- Preparation of the uncontested divorce Settlement Agreement (Financial Settlement and/or Custody Settlement)
- Preparation of documents needed for the uncontested divorce prove up hearing in court
- Office conference with client for review of documents, if needed
- Office conference with parties for signing of documents, if needed
- Obtaining and scheduling court date for prove up hearing - which is a mandatory hearing for the court to review the settlement
- Court appearance at uncontested divorce prove up hearing - either by remote/virtual means or in person.
We can also custom tailor an Uncontested Illinois Divorce Package to offer you either more or less levels of support and services. Ask us for an estimate of services and costs.
Contact Uncontested Illinois Divorce Attorney, Erin Birt, if you have had an amicable separation and need to finalize your uncontested Illinois divorce. Uncontested Illinois Divorce Attorney, Erin Birt, serves clients in Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Naperville, Warrenville, Winfield, Carol Stream, Bloomingdale, Lombard, Elmhurst, Downers Grove, and Oak Brook as well as other cities located in DuPage County. We have experience serving clients in Cook County, Will County, and Kane County.
Do you need a mediator to qualify for our flat fee services?
The Flat Fee Uncontested Illinois Divorce Package is designed to be an amicable and affordable Illinois divorce solution. Do you need a mediator to qualify for our flat fee services? If you need a mediation referral, we provide such referrals to those that have started legal planning services with our firm. Our attorney reviews the facts of your case and after an assessment of your legal goals, we provide well vetted expert referrals that best fit our client's needs. Our firm will then work with our clients during the mediation process by providing mediation preparation services and legal consulting. Starting with our firm early will make the transition from mediation to completing the necessary legal documents as smooth as possible.
If you do not have an agreement to mediate your divorce, we still offer hourly rate divorce services for your uncontested divorce needs.