We accept new parenting coordination clients at our Wheaton location based upon personal referral or referrals from family law attorneys, mediators, mental health providers, divorce professionals, and the court system. Learn more about our parenting coordination services below.
What is Parenting Coordination?
Parenting coordination is an alternative dispute resolution service for parents who are unable to resolve parenting disputes on their own or through the judicial system. Retaining a parent coordinator significantly helps high-conflict parents remain out of court, develop workable parenting plans, and implement parenting responsibilites for improved co-parenting. Developing and implementing successful co-parenting plans and responsibilities greatly reduces stress and dysfunction for children and increases keeping both parents active in a child's life.
What can I expect from a Parenting Coordinator?
Parents that work with our Wheaton based Divorce and Parenting Attorney, Erin Birt, receive the following services:
- Educating parents on a child's stage of development and the effect on the child due to high conflict parenting, divorce, separation, and exposure to the divorce court system;
- Teaching and using effective communication skills and parenting conflict resolution techniques;
- Ensuring the safety of all family members by regularly screening for impairments to successful co-parenting;
- Monitoring compliance with divorce or parenting court orders, visitation orders, custody orders, or other parenting time agreements;
- Acting as a binding arbitrator and decision maker per agreed orders or written consent of the parents;
- Receiving up to date information due to our Parenting Coordinator's continuing education training and presenting on topics related to divorce, parenting, addictions, mental health issues, mediation, drafting parenting plans, and alternative dispute resolution;
- Providing referals within our vetted network of proactive divorce or parenting professionals such as a Divorce Coach, Divorce Financial Analyst, Family Mediator, Attorney, & Family Mental Health Professional.
Does the Parenting Coordinator Help Draft Documents?
Our Parenting Coordinator drafts and provides our parents with a monthly or annual parenting schedule analysis and calendar complete with color-coded labeling of each parent's scheduled parenting time and a statistical breakdown of each parent's scheduled parenting time. Our Parenting Coordinator will also draft parenting plans, visitation orders, and custody agreements as well as modification orders of same to be used by the parents or attorneys for court entry to help manage litigation and court costs.
Contact us today to start a new beginning for your child. It is never too late to start implementing positive parenting and create a bright future for your child. Download our parenting coordinator flyer for additional information or to share with your co-parent.
Easy Meeting Locations
Due to the increased need for regular communication for parenting matters, our Parenting Coordinator regularly meets with parents in-person, remotely via the telephone or email, and virtually via Zoom. We know how busy parenting can be and therefore we try to save our parents time when possible by offering remote and virtual appointments.