ESTIMATE OF ILLINOIS COLLABORATIVE DIVORCE EXPENSES
Every client has a right to understand and manage the costs of their Illinois Collaborative Divorce process. However, every divorce is different as every family has different needs and issues, making it difficult to accurately estimate your costs without knowing your personal history. Contact us today for a Collaborative Divorce Planning Session.
Learn more about our Collaborative Divorce Services here.
How Long Will an Illinois Collaborative Divorce Take?
Some divorce cases can be concluded in one settlement session and others may require 10 settlement sessions or more. As a comparison, if you litigate in court and there is court involvement, the timing is unpredictable but a court case can last on average 18+ months, however a collaborative divorce typically lasts 1/3 of the duration of a divorce litigation case. You can avoid the court backlogs by resolving your divorce or custody issue with a collaborative team based approach.
What Impacts the Illinois Collaborative Divorce Process?
The factors that will impact the cost of your divorce process are:
- Willingness and ability of the parties to negotiate fairly and efficiently with each other;
- The Level of Conflict and Communication Problems;
- Complexity and Emotionality of Parenting Issues (if there are children);
- Size and Sophistication of the Financial Estate and ability and willingness to disclose assets and liabilities;
- Settlement Expertise of Lawyers and Other Divorce Professionals;
- Ease of Scheduling and Willingness to Follow My Recommendations.
Need an Estimate for an Illinois Collaborative Divorce?
The following estimate of costs is based on averages in my experience. The estimate should also give you an overview of the structure of an Illinois Collaborative Divorce. Remember: These are only ranges and your situation may be very different.
Click here to download your free Illinois Collaborative Divorce Estimate.
If you would like to learn more about our other services, please feel free to read our services page, our latest blogs, and subscribe to our social media accounts to received free tips to resolve family conflict. Contact us today to start planning for your future.