Considering a divorce in Cook County, DuPage County, Kane County, or Will County? There are many Illinois divorce options to consider such as: Mediation, Collaborative Divorce, Cooperative Divorce, A La Carte Divorce, and a service unique to the Law Firm of Erin Birt, The Flat Fee Uncontested Divorce Package. We can provide you with an Assessment for Illinois Divorce Options that suit your case.
To assess what is an appropriate divorce option for a client, several questions should be asked. Below is a sample of questions that our firm provides to its clients to help determine the appropriate divorce method and to minimize the time, conflict and frustration that is often associated with a divorce.
- Have you exhausted all attempts at reconciliation?
- Is there past or current physical or mental abuse in the relationship?
- Are there past or current alcohol or drug abuse issues?
- Do you know there are two types of child/ren issues – financial and non-financial?
- Do you know who the child/ren will primarily live with?
- Do you know the difference between joint custody and sole custody?
- Do you anticipate any issues with you or your spouse removing the child/ren from the state of Illinois?
- What does your parenting schedule look like during the school year?
- What does you parenting schedule look like for the summer?
- Are you aware of – or – Have you attended the parenting program required for your county?
Parent's Property & Financial:
- Have you made a list of assets acquired during the marriage and before the marriage? Do you need assistance with the characterization of assets (marital verses non-marital)?
- Will you or your spouse need financial support?
- Are there any health issues that prevent a party from working?
There are approximately 70 questions that can help a couple minimize conflict in a divorce and help assess what Illinois divorce service options are appropriate for your family. Related questions and considerations can also be found in our December post “Divorce by the New Year?“. Additional assessment questions will be included in future posts.
Individuals contemplating a divorce in Cook County, DuPage County, Kane County and Will County can meet with Erin Birt, an Illinois Divorce Attorney, for a consultation and assessment to learn more about an appropriate divorce option. One divorce method does not fit all families and at The Law Firm of Erin Birt, our clients are informed upfront about the many divorce options and fee options available. The firm's goal is to meet our clients needs and financial expectations.
To schedule a 1/2 hour consultation, please contact our office at (630) 891-2478 or via our Contact Page on our website.Wheaton Illinois Family Law Attorney, Erin Birt, serves clients in Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Naperville, Warrenville, Winfield, Carol Stream, Bloomingdale, Lombard, Elmhurst, Downers Grove, and Oak Brook as well as other cities located in DuPage County. We also have experience serving clients in Cook County, Will County, and Kane County. Contact us for an Assessment for Illinois Divorce Options that can help your case.
Schedule a Consultation with Attorney Erin Birt